August 30th, 2008
Hey all you Guidey Chicks!
I'm currently on a forced break form Guides for the rest of the term due to ill helath... and I'm going CRAZY!!! It then occoured to me that I'm completely addicted to Guding. You know you are addicted when:
- You can set up a tent in your sleep
- Anything you do, you think 'my Guides would love to do this' or 'how can we do that in our meeting?'
- You know all the laws off by heart AND in order
- Anytime anyone says the word 'FIRE' you get Old Lady Leary stuck in your head
- Your cupboard has more Guiding clothes than casual
- You wear uniform more than casual clothing
- There are always Guide Biscuts in the pantry
- You believe bush doughnuts are a sutible breakfast food
- When you see the scouts doing something, you automatically think 'we could do it better'
- Nobody can undo your knots
- You visit the GGV website every day
- Your desktop is a camp picture
- You just can't help poking at the fire
- You know the first chick to run Guiding was Agnes and not Olave [Though both chicks were cool :)]
- You know the codes for all the forms, and reffer to them by said names
- You respond to your Guiding name better than your own name
Current Location: G'town
Current Mood: crazy
Current Music: Love Today - Mika
I went slightly crazy(ier) when I had to leave Guides in Dec 06 to have my daughter.
I still wear my Guide jumper around the house and to the shops etc (c'mon, how warm and comfy are they??!!??!!), i still hoard toilet rolls and tissue paper and whatever else looks interesting (i had 5-11yr olds).
maybe another one....your state guiding monthly magazine/newsletter becomes read and re-read and referred on to others for the next month